**Merry Main Street, Frisco's annual holiday celebration scheduled for Saturday, December 7, has been canceled due to a forecast for inclement weather. The Kids Holiday Store and the lighting of the Christmas tree will take place Friday, December 13, in Simpson Plaza.
Extremely cold temperatures are predicted for this weekend, along with the possibility of ice, sleet or snow. City officials decided to cancel the event because of the risk of dangerous conditions. The other events included in Merry Main Street will not be rescheduled. Times for the Holiday Store and tree lighting will be announced soon.
The Gingerbread House Contest will be moved to the Frisco Athletic Center, 5828 Nancy Jane Lane, next week. Deliveries of houses will be accepted on Monday, December 9, from 4 p.m.- 7 p.m. at the center. The houses will be displayed from Tuesday, December 10, through Saturday, December 14.**
Santa Claus is coming to town!
Merry Main Street has become the "place to be" to ring in the holiday season. Parents and children can shop for gifts and great holiday decor, while enjoying an evening of musical entertainment, holiday activities and an array of food and warm drinks. 3:16 Team Realty will be onsite to offer free photos with Santa. Don't miss this dynamic event!
* Santa’s arrival
* Lighting of the City of Frisco Christmas tree
* Kid’s Holiday Store
* Live reindeer
* Santa’s Workshop
* Holiday treats
* Snowflake light show
* Horse-drawn carriage rides
* Outdoor Ice Skating Rink ($10 per person)
* Entertainment on three stages provided by Frisco Elementary Schools
* And Much More!
Kids Shop 'Til You Drop at the Kids Holiday Store
This special store gives children ages 3-12 the chance to shop for moms, dads, brothers and sisters. Nothing in the store is more than $5. "Santa's Helpers" will assist children as they shop. Adults are not allowed. All shoppers will go home with wrapped gifts. Children can reserve a time slot at the Merry Main Street event site beginning at 4:30 p.m. Children must secure a bracelet in order to shop.
* Shoppers will secure on of twelve 20-minute shopping sessions.
* Sessions will be limited to 45 shoppers.
* Children will receive a colored bracelet to indicate when they will be shopping.
* Store entrance is behind City Hall.
* Gifts are limited to parents or guardian and siblings.
* Parents must wait in the "Parent Waiting Area" while children shop.
* Children will be escorted back to the parents when they are finished shopping.
* Official time clocks will be on display. You must arrive within five minutes of your scheduled shopping time.
For inclement weather information, call the Special Events Hotline at