The City of Frisco will host its annual Tree Lighting Ceremony and Kids’ Holiday Store on Friday, December 13.
The tree lighting will take place at 6 p.m. in Simpson Plaza, in front of the George A. Purefoy Municipal Center, 6101 Frisco Square Blvd. The Kids’ Holiday Store will be open from 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. inside the municipal center.
Children should enter through the front doors of the building. Shoppers will be helped on a ‘first-come, first served’ basis. Shopping sessions will last 20 minutes.
The Kids’ Holiday Store will be open to children, ages 3 – 12, providing them an opportunity to find something special for mom and dad. Everything in the store is priced at $5 or less. Volunteers will assist young shoppers and wrap their selected gifts.
The holiday events were rescheduled after inclement weather forced the cancellation of Merry Main Street Dec. 7. Breakfast with Santa, also planned for last Saturday, was postponed until Dec. 21. The sold-out event will take place at the previously scheduled time that day.
The Gingerbread House Contest, also scheduled for Merry Main Street, was relocated to the Frisco Athletic Center, 5828 Nancy Jane Lane. The creatively decorated houses are on display in the center lobby throughout the week.
Santa Claus is coming to town!
Merry Main Street has become the "place to be" to ring in the holiday season. Parents and children can shop for gifts and great holiday decor, while enjoying an evening of musical entertainment, holiday activities and an array of food and warm drinks. 3:16 Team Realty will be onsite to offer free photos with Santa. Don't miss this dynamic event!
* Santa’s arrival
* Lighting of the City of Frisco Christmas tree
* Kid’s Holiday Store
* Live reindeer
* Santa’s Workshop
* Holiday treats
* Snowflake light show
* Horse-drawn carriage rides
* Outdoor Ice Skating Rink ($10 per person)
* Entertainment on three stages provided by Frisco Elementary Schools
* And Much More!
Kids Shop 'Til You Drop at the Kids Holiday Store
This special store gives children ages 3-12 the chance to shop for moms, dads, brothers and sisters. Nothing in the store is more than $5. "Santa's Helpers" will assist children as they shop. Adults are not allowed. All shoppers will go home with wrapped gifts. Children can reserve a time slot at the Merry Main Street event site beginning at 4:30 p.m. Children must secure a bracelet in order to shop.
* Shoppers will secure on of twelve 20-minute shopping sessions.
* Sessions will be limited to 45 shoppers.
* Children will receive a colored bracelet to indicate when they will be shopping.
* Store entrance is behind City Hall.
* Gifts are limited to parents or guardian and siblings.
* Parents must wait in the "Parent Waiting Area" while children shop.
* Children will be escorted back to the parents when they are finished shopping.
* Official time clocks will be on display. You must arrive within five minutes of your scheduled shopping time.
For inclement weather information, call the Special Events Hotline at