For the 2014 summer season, the spray parks operate May 17 – September 28.
The City of Frisco has three spray parks conveniently located across the city. The daily hours of operation are from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Spray parks may close due to water restrictions, maintenance protocols or during cool weather.
Frisco Commons Spray Park
Located at 8000 McKinney Road, this spray park opened in 2010. Additional features including a restroom facility, large pavilion and additional shade features were completed in 2013. In an effort to reduce the need for potable water, the spray park utilizes well water which is then captured, recycled and diverted to the park’s pond to support the irrigation needs of the park. To activate the spray features, touch the sensor located at the top of a green pillar on the southwestern portion of the splash pad.
J.R. Newman Spray Park
Located at 8211 Twin Falls Drive in west Frisco, the spray park is one of many elements located within this neighborhood park. The park’s farming and barn theme capture the heritage of the Newman Family which once owned the property. To activate the spray features, touch the sensor located at the top of a blue pillar on the southern portion of the splash pad. Please note that while this is a great park serving the resident on the west side of Frisco, the neighborhood park does have a picnic pavilion but does not have a restroom facility.
Shepherd’s Glen Spray Park
Located at 12012 Shepherds Hill Drive, the spray park serves the residents on the east side of Frisco. The spray park is one of many features included in this 13 acre neighborhood park. To activate the spray features, touch the sensor located at the top of a blue pillar on the western portion of the splash pad. Please note, this neighborhood park does have a picnic pavilion but does not have a restroom facility.
In order to make your spray park visit as enjoyable as possible, please observe the following:
· No running in the splash pad area.
· Plastic containers only, glass is prohibited.
· Animals are not allowed within 75 ft. of spray parks, playground or pavilions.
· Rubber sole shoes only - water shoes are strongly recommended.
· Do not climb on the spray park equipment.
· Appropriate swimwear is required.
· Swim diapers are required for young children who are not potty trained.
· No bicycles, skateboards or skates allowed on splash pad.
· While each spray park has a pavilion, the pavilions are not reservable through the city but operate on a first-come, first-serve basis.
For information or to report a problem, please call 972-292-6500. On weekends or evenings call 214-869-4219.