Ruff Range Dog Park Information Line: 972-292-6506Site Map
Facility Hours: Sunrise to Sunset
Ruff Range Dog Park is located at 5335 4th Army Memorial Dr. within B.F. Phillips Community Park. Ruff Range Dog Park features a large and small dog off-leash area as well as parking.
Report all dog bites to Frisco Animal Control or the Police Department prior to leaving the park.
Frisco Animal Control: 972-292-5303
Frisco Police Non-Emergency: 972-292-6010
Directions to Ruff Range
From Main Street and the North Dallas Tollway
Go west on Main Street to Legacy Drive. Go south (left) on Legacy Drive to Stonebrook Parkway and turn right (west). Drive a half mile on Stonebrook Parkway to 4th Army Memorial Dr. and turn left (south). Drive a half mile south, you will past the main entrance of the park. Ruff Range Dog Park will be on your right.
From Lebanon and the North Dallas Tollway
Go west on Lebanon to 4th Army Memorial Dr. (just after Stewart Creek Estates) and turn right (north). Drive a quarter mile and Ruff Range Dog Park will be on your left.
Closures and Maintenance
For recorded information, including weather closings and regular maintenance, you may call our information line, 972-292-6506.
The facility will be closed every Thursday for regular maintenance.
Please remember that a warm, sunny day does not mean the park will be open. If the ground is wet, the park will remain closed regardless of current weather conditions.
Dog Park Rules
The off-leash area shall be used at the person's own risk. Persons utilizing the park are liable for any injury or damage caused by themselves or their dogs.
Please read all the rules before visiting the park. People who violate these rules are subject to removal from the park and may be prohibited from future use.
How to Enter and Leave the Off-leash Area.
You enter the area through a double-gated vestibule. These vestibules are designed with two gates to provide maximum control over your dog and the other dogs as you enter/leave the area. If someone is ahead of you, please wait your turn. To exit the park, follow these procedures in reverse.
1. Before you enter the gate, check to be sure the inner gate is closed.
2. Open the outer gate and enter the vestibule with your dog(s).
3. Close the outer gate behind you.
4. Remove your dog's leash. Having your dog on a leash when confronting an off-leash dog may cause problems. Your dog can feel vulnerable and fearful, as well as the need to protect you.
5. Before you open the inner gate, check to be sure the inner area is not congested with excited dogs waiting to pounce on the new dog or the dogs trying to get in.
6. Pay attention to the reception from the dogs already in the enclosure.
7. Open the inner gate and enter the park with your dog.
8. Close the inner gate behind you and move your dog away from the entrance.